Postman
(.375 member)
11/09/15 11:20 AM
Re: Who has regulated a blaser S2 Safari model double rifle?

Hi Mchughcb:

Wonderful you got it sorted. Curious though, Is it possible to have both barrels print exactly on the same horizontal plane using your method?

It looks like one barrel is printing above the other from your photos. I don't believe I was dealing with any torque forces in my case. The barrels were pinned in the mono block, and were essentially loose in the yoke when I loosened and then tightened the pinch bolt, ergo no tortional stress in my case. I tightened the yoke, smacked it, noted a slight bend in it's shape, didn't mar the blueing - total luck, but that' s how it came out..... But in my case, the barrels printed perfectly even on the horizontal plane. I applied ever greater tension to the wedge to draw the barrel groups tighter together until nearing the point of cross over. I actually went past the cross over point and had to relieve some wedge tension in order to get where I wanted to end up.

You've applied much more science to this whole affair than I ever imagined possible. There is a reason why I am not a machinist by trade (or any other vocation that requires more patience than what is required for simple instant gratification)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com