NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
06/07/15 12:30 PM
Re: Is 9.3x62 minimium for nitro class 1 ?

Quote:

Unfortunately in Australia the official rules state:
"Ammunition is to be as close as practical to factory ballistics of the original ammunition..."

...so juicing up an inadequate factory-load to sneak over the 2900 ftlbs energy level is technically illegal for competition.

Seriously is that an issue? If a handload meets the ballistic criteria.

Quote:

However like LesLeeSpeed I recommend the .318 WR for traditional reasons and the .338-06 in bolt-action rifles for practical reasons.

As the BGRC was setup to create target and range disciplines to provide purpose of use/jestifications for many classic firearms and calibres in case the banner authorities choose to try to ban many of these rifles/large bore calibres, I have always thought the .318 WR was the idea behind the minimum of the "nitro class 1".

Since the orgination of the club of course it has become a very established and real target shooting discipline.

No doubt that a 9.3x62 would qualify for nitro class 1. And in the absence of a .318, .338, .358 would be a good practical choice IMO. When I have shot it, I have used my .375 H&H Mag as that was the smallest I had for it.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com