WCF
(.275 member)
27/04/15 11:18 AM
Baikal 30-06; Converted to 30-30 Win

So I had one of my two 30-06 Baikal's converted to 30-30 Win by installing chamber adapters. I had adapters made and threaded/soldered into place. The adpaters work fine even with almost a 1/2 inch of freebore. I have fired 6 rounds into a 50 gal barrel of water to see if their was indication of the bullets not entering the bore in a concentric manner, their is no indictaion of keyholeing, and chrongraphing indicates the velocities are what is published for the factory loads i am shooting. I am shooting the factory Remington 170 grain SP Cor-lock and the Winchester 170 grain SP. Both rounds are shooting one inch groups at 50 yards from each barrel respectfully. All seems fine EXCEPT; the regulation is not going well, the right barrel is crossing six inches to the left of the left barrel. When i turn the jackscrew towards the buttstock instead of moving the point of impact to the right it moves it further to the left. When i rotate the jackscrew towards the muzzle i can reduce the spread to about four inches but run out of threads on the jackscrew. Not sure why the spread is so great; when the gun was a 30-06 i did not have any problem with the regualtion. I am contemplating regulating it the the old fashion way but thought someone here might have a suggestion that would save the use of the jackscrew system. Thanks in advance for any assistance

respectfully
WCF

Contact Us NitroExpress.com