twobobbwana
(.333 member)
11/03/15 01:43 PM
Re: Rigby's Rising Bite - Rising Again

There is a great article in the latest Shooting Sportsman magazine about Ian Clark.

Ian "did time" at Holland and Holland and then went onto managing(?) the machine shop at Purdey.

While at Purdey he was heavily involved in the scaling of the Beesley (side by side) and Woodward (under and over) actions to suit their guages and was involved with the production process of the damascus Purdeys.

IIRC he is also credited with reverse engineering the Rising Bite Action as part of Rigby getting it back into production.

Please forgive me if any of this information is incorrect as I do not have the article in front of me at the time of writing.

Am looking forward to seeing pictures of progress on a Rising bite in wood and steel. Thanks to Dewey for details of his build in the "Building Double Rifles" forum - and of course to Max Gera, Alex Beer and other builders who include us in their endeavours.

Absolutely amazing the abilities of CAD/CAM/CNC especially when it's used to provide parts to skilled workmen that turn the parts into things of beauty such as shotguns/double rifles based on the Rigby Rising Bite.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com