Marrakai
(.416 member)
05/02/05 11:20 AM
Re: pro's and con's on ejectors / extractors

If ejector guns could be bought at exactly the same price, and were just as common, as extractor guns, I wonder how many of us would still show a genuine preference for extractors? I suspect the number would be reduced some!

Given the way some posters here hunt (or don't hunt!), I can certainly appreciate that ejectors may not be worth the premium they command, and that's fine with me. But the fact that they always add a grand or more to the asking price of a pommie double (not sure about the modern stuff), speaks volumes about their actual worth IMO.

I would guess that most of us buy used doubles on an opportunity basis, so the relatively lower representation of ejectors in the market-place, coupled with the need to justify a purchase, will ensure this debate remains a lively one!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
BTW, has anyone tried the 'Boddington method' of tipping the open extractor-gun 'over and out' to dump out the fired cases? What a stuff-up, throws the gun out-of-line and the shooter off-balance, and ends up with a scramble to get the new cartridges chambered. A smooth mount is then out of the question, the LAST thing you'd want in a tricky spot with DG!

Bit like holding a pair of cartridges between the fingers of the forward hand. Sounds great on paper, even works OK at the club, but in the shooting field on DG...? Please!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com