NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
01/10/14 11:53 PM
Re: Decreasing eyesight & open sights becoming difficult to use?

OK I made a mistake. The Ivan Carter rifle is fitted with a Trijicon RMR.

I think Mark's rifle is fitted with a Docter sight, which also looks to my eye to sit lower on the barrel. I think the Docter sights have some better bases or are fitted to the Heym better.

The Trijicon's often use grossly high bases. As Carter has Trijicon as an advertiser, he probably specified one of these had to go on his rifle.

I do have a problem personally with Trijicon, that has been mentioned before. Basically ZERO after sales services to civilian customers. I did get a base to try out thanks to one of our members on NE who purchased it for, and sent it to me, with reimbursement of course. This was after several years, emails and phone calls to Trijicon, most never answered, people who said they sold the crap sights, but when telephoned didn't know anything about them, Trijicon who had bases, then they didn't, then they were bases in the catalogue, but not really, someone else made them, etc etc.

BTW this was after Trijicon ASKED me to try out their sights. I had to buy the RMR's myself, and yet Trijicon couldn't supply bases and made fuckall effort to supply bases. Plus most of their bases are designed for some bullshit 'tactical' plastic crap rifle anyway for some pretender wanker wanting to play at special forces in the backwoods of dickheadville. (if you haven't worked out my attitude to Trijicon yet ...)

Obviously instead of providing after sales service, they spend money on BS television advertising to suck new people in.

If you want how high these Trijicon RMR sights sit have a look at the following photo of a Heym fitted with a Trijicon RMR:

Contact Us NitroExpress.com