Big_Bore
(.224 member)
27/08/14 01:33 PM
Re: Sabatti Double Rifles, Brickbats & Bouquets

Got my Sabatti 500 NE back from EAA after they sent the barrels back to Italy to be replaced. It took 6 months turn around time so I was pleased, I had expected a years wait. The good news is they did a excellent job replacing the barrels. They look better then new. For some reason they regulated my replacement with Norma ammunition, at least that is what they wrote on the test target. I have fired about a 100 rounds of Hornady ammo thru it since it came back and it shoots well with in acceptable limits at 50 yards about a 3" horizontal spread. Not the best but certainly as good as I can shoot off hand. The fit and bluing was excellent. How every they did not fix one of the problems I had with the safety some times popping on after the first shot. EAA was kind enough to send a call tag and pay the shipping back to them to fix the safety. I have dealt with EAA before and they always took very good care of me. Although I knew of the potential problems with some of these guns and Cabelas lied to me about the muzzle being ground and refused to help me, EAA really came thru for me. So I ended up with quite a deal since Cabelas had deeply discounted this gun when they sold it to me, the extra wait was well worth it. I wish I could get another one in .450.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com