CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
26/08/14 10:24 AM
Re: Alexander Henry 8 bore Double Rifle.

I hesitate to post videos of other people, but in this event I will do so. Here is a video of Watson577 firing the 8b rifle the same day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5afvX1smxgQ

Remember, he is the owner of this fine rifle and deserves all credit and praise.

Quote:

That is quite some punishment you took there,Curl!

I have had the pleasure of shooting that beast with a couple of round ball loads and a mere 328 grains of black. I chose the sitting position so as not to crumple my puny frame too badly.

I believe Watson577 has a video of it somewhere. He is much more savvy with this electronic stuff than I am.

Mike, I had the pleasure to see that video on Saturday. It seems in Indiana you guys let your shots fly while sitting on the ground behind sticks. I heard distinct giggling from grown men, including the shooter, as each of you rolled backward from the push of this rifle. Perhaps Watson577 will see this post and be bold enough to post that humorous video.

I think I would have been much more comfortable shooting from a seated position behind sticks than from a bench leaning slightly into this brute.

I hope you are doing well. I admired the incredible Forsythe mould you made for this rifle. Your talents are boundless.

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com