Ruger_450
(Banned)
13/04/14 04:57 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

I DNS about Double rifles, but I do seem to call reading that the famed solids of the past had copper plated steel jackets and no grooves at all. One would assume they were quite hard.

I DNAL about Barnes bullets because they are my favorite big game bullet. I also know Ty pretty well and he is a very nice guy. While they may or may not own Africa, I have read that many PHs now treat the 300 gr 375 TSX as the best 375 H&H Buff bullet as it expands and penetrates. I have seen American Bison with both shoulders broken and dropped on the spot with a 130 gr .277 TSX.

From all these posts, what I see is a lot of opinions with no "scientific method" data or photos to support either side.

I do know I can push an 80 gr TTSX out of my 30" high wall (thin barrel) @4000 fps, into sub moa groups and take a mature Antelope Buck end to end with the bullet still flying. "bang, flop".

JMHO, but every gun site I have ever been on has those who laud or hate Barnes bullets. With the advent of all the new mono metals they have to spread themselves around a bit.

Until there are some verifiable facts, I'm going to treat this like the "explosive ignition" stories about reduced loads of 4831.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com