NONAGONAGIN
(.224 member)
04/04/14 11:50 AM
Re: Sabatti Double Rifles, Brickbats & Bouquets

You might be right, but I'm from Missouri...you have to SHOW me...and that might be a bit of a problem seeing that there are a lot of reasons for the bullet to "wander off course" when penetrating a gnarly beasty...even the premium CNC brass bullets or other solids don't always go straight.

Not trying to be difficult...I haven't been to Africa but I've kill a lot of N/A game up to moose and a few difficult Mexican Brahma and Santa Gertrudis bulls. I don't count deer, antelope or elk...those are just for camp meat or Sunday diner.

Unless I hit the Lotto, a trip to Africa or Australia is just a dream. Sage rats are abundant around my place. I have several 45 and 50 cals including a 45-120, basically a 450NE 3 1/4". It gets loaded with 435, 450 and 500 gr bullets plus the 720 T-Rex now and then. The 50's add 100 gr per bullet. I just got a new mold for my 715 gr FNGC...#51-690B Accurate molds if you're interested. That's for my 50-70 SHUSH wannabe SSK 510 Whisper A-MAX. I use the sage rats to keep my eye...and the large cals to stay abreast of the recoil...it's easy to get soft by shooting the small cals all the time.

I just thought a 470NE would fit nicely between the 45 and 50 cals and I don't have a real double rifle, just a couple of po'boy double shotguns that do very well out to about 65-70 yds. My 50 Rigby wildcat surpasses the 500 NE by a couple hundred fs but a 500NE double rifle would be very nice also.

I looked at the 450/400 but 40 cal isn't to my taste.

After all the problems of regulating ALL brands of double rifles I've read, I'm beginning to cool off on buying one.

Thanks

Contact Us NitroExpress.com