NONAGONAGIN
(.224 member)
04/04/14 07:15 AM
Re: Sabatti Double Rifles, Brickbats & Bouquets

I suppose your right about the Dremel part. I can see holes in all the arguments. I have a whole lot of questions about this, but I think they would only inflame an already hot subject if I ask them. It boils down to esthetics and "this isn't the way to do it" I think.

There are several 450-400's available "fixed" by Ken Owen and a couple of 45-70's on various auctions sites, but I want a 470 or 500 NE.

I can see a whole bunch of angst over this, but, again, to my way of thinking if the gun can be regulated by bending or Dremel or both that's what I'm interested in and regulated for one or two bullets seems to be the norm anyway.

Sabatti made a wrong decision over economics caused by in part by Cabela or so it seems. If this is the case then Cabela AND Sabatti should make it good and fix if for no charge INCLUDING shipping.

You buy a double for a specific purpose in the large cals and don't do a lot of messing about with various bullets/reloads, there is no need. I think this is true of most calibers. I have a ton of rifles and do test several bullet brands and weights until I hit the right combo then leave it alone. No need to use up components and wear out the throat.

Thanks for the input.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com