buckstix
(.400 member)
07/08/13 07:46 AM
Re: Not sure about what to think about this one

Hello Buchseman,

Quote:

PS - I haven't run out of fingers as yet but let's see: Fraser 9.3X74R, Lefauxcheau 8mm Lebel, Westley Richards .375 Flanged, William Richards .577 BPE, Stendebach 8X57JR and now a Belgian .303 "Something"; all in the last year or so. Have I forgotten any? I think most will agree that you have a pretty severe case of "Doublerifleitis"; not that there is anything wrong with that of course.

Well, you are close. My sickness with "Doublerifleitis" is much worse than you can imagine. It really does have me seeing double.

First, in December of 2012 I got my first double rifle, a Dan'l Fraser 9.3x74R. A wonderful trade deal- no cash. This one must have infected me, and caused my illness.

Second, in February I got the Cute little Lefaucheux 8mm Lebel. Lots of Fun.

Third, in March came a Baikal 45-70 that worked to pass the time while waiting for the other 2 doubles to cool. (I sold the Baikal to a Northern Wisconsin Hunter in April. He wanted a Bear gun.)

Forth, in May I got a brand new Sabatti. Why in the world would the Italians make a 9.3x74R that weighed only 6 pounds 15 ounces? (2 SHOTS ... & GONE THE NEXT DAY)

Fifth, in June I got the Westley Richards 375-2-1/2" Flanged with the 16" barrels. I was really lucky, and I love this one. I've got over a hundred rounds through it, and it makes me smile every time it barks.

Sixth, in June I also got a minty Pedersolli 45-70. Its nice and heavy and very accurate, and again it helps to pass the time while waiting for the other doubles to cool off.

Seventh, in July I got the William Richards 577-500 bpe. That one was actually kinda in the works when the WR showed up unexpectedly. As much as I really wasn't going to buy it, I just couldn't justify passing on this really nice 577-500 hammer double, that also came with over $1200 worth of accessories, "and" was a "trade" deal that required very little cash outlay. I'm learning "paper-patch" now. Thanks Roscoe.

Eighth, in late July I bought the "Special" Stenda-Werke 8x57R as a tribute to my Special Dad. He would have liked this one.

Ninth, and now in August, this nifty little Belgium 303 Savage comes along. Very much unexpected, kinda like a "seizure" in my sickness. A "twitch" and it was mine. I can't wait to see it.

So, with 2 having gone away, that leaves me with only 7 doubles now. Based on that, I think I'm slowly getting better. I've promised myself that 7 is my lucky number. So, no more, and then I will be cured!

However, I must tell you all, about this strange disease. The real symptoms of my disease, come from a "micro-bladder" problem. I drink a lot of water every night before I go to bed. I wake up 2 or 3 times in the night and have to "pee", and I always have a hard time going back to sleep. So, I leave my computer on all night and I scan the internet for a half hour or so, until I get tired. Then I go back to bed, until I have to pee again. I do that 2 or 3 times a night, every night, every day, seven days a week, month after month. And THAT'S, how I find my deals. Scanning the internet in the wee hours of the morning.

Peeing a lot, can be very rewarding.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com