Buchsemann
(.333 member)
07/08/13 06:07 AM
Re: Not sure about what to think about this one

Buckstix,

Did you manage to snag this one as well? Running with Curl's hunch I logged into Gunbroker and noticed the buyer was "b......x"; sure could be you I guess. If so, you must have a horse-shoe up your tail. Your purchase of the Westley Richards .375 with the 16" barrels was a spot of luck, when the rest of us seemed to have missed it, and now this nicely priced (as it turned out) toy. The seller seems to have had the date of production wrong so who knows, maybe he has the chambering incorrect as well and you have yourself a .303 British; such would make a nice cherry on top of your new purchase. It's still a lucky find if it is indeed a .303 Savage. Do let us know what a chamber cast tells you.

Mark

PS - I haven't run out of fingers as yet but let's see: Fraser 9.3X74R, Lefauxcheau 8mm Lebel, Westley Richards .375 Flanged, William Richards .577 BPE, Stendebach 8X57JR and now a Belgian .303 "Something"; all in the last year or so. Have I forgotten any? I think most will agree that you have a pretty severe case of "Doublerifleitis"; not that there is anything wrong with that of course

Contact Us NitroExpress.com