NitroSteel
(.275 member)
04/08/13 09:50 PM
Re: Zanardini Oxford 470 N.E. double?

How could I get someone to check the Cogswell (who)? It is within an hour of my house, but I don't know any reasonably qualified gunsmith around here. I don't even like to get my o/u shotguns worked on locally...

You confirmed what I was thinking about this gun, there is no real basis to justify a price for me to later sell this (Zanardini) gun - would be different if it were 1 of 20 that I owned and I was madly in love with it.

I've got to get my hands on a Heym and a Searcy. Will do more research on a Searcy - really like the looks/style. I feel there is no doubt that the Heym is more esteemed (may very be where I settle), but doesn't quite (maybe) have the style of the Searcy - just based on pic's. Also, if I can find a local expert -outside of the shop trying to sell me one, that will help with culling through rifles. On the other hand how trustworthy is a shop typically that is trying to sell these guns?

I may have gotten a bad opinion - but once many years ago on a hunting trip in CO - on the way home, we stopped by a store near/at an airport. I didn't get a good feel that the opinions on guns I asked about were unbiased - not a good experience for me. Maybe I formed a premature opinion, but there I was told not to consider a Merkel and how great another French made gun was. I was rubbed the wrong way (maybe it was just me), many of you probably know the shop and the gun maker I am speaking of. Should I consider "shopping" at this store, or have others had the same experience? If this is a nice place to shop/get advice please tell me and I will try to wash this bad experience from my mind. There appears to be a lot of nice guns there...

Not trying to bash any maker or shop, just trying to make sure I am listening to the facts and unbiased opinions.

Thank ya'll again.

Nitrosteel

Contact Us NitroExpress.com