Huvius
(.416 member)
17/07/13 04:44 AM
Re: Cased pair of Howdah pistols

Quote:

Huvlus..

The material on the inside lid is original. Why would the material on the inside of a lid get damaged, faded, worn or covered in stains?

The brass has not been cleaned...is not brass its white brass..German silver, nickel silver whatever you wish to call it.

The wood is not refinished, not re checkered, not cracked, no re varnished, not dented or chipped, and certainly never re stocked.

Its very easy to comment on something you have not seen in your own hands with your own eyes, and that you don't own and probably never will.

IN MY QUALIFIED & PROFESSIONAL OPINION THE PISTOLS ARE EXHIBITION QUALITY AS PREVIOUSLY REPRESENTED

Quote:

Huvlus..

The material on the inside lid is original. Why would the material on the inside of a lid get damaged, faded, worn or covered in stains?

The brass has not been cleaned...is not brass its white brass..German sil

There is quite a bit of wear on the vertical surfaces of the dividers which indicate that there must have been loose items stowed in those compartments which are not there now. One would expect that there would be commensurate wear to the interior of the lid if, again IF, the case was ever stowed in a position other than flat.
There are pressure spots on the interior surface of the lid that do not correlate with the dividers and compartments of the case.
There are stains on the label which do not communicate to the surrounding lining material.
The worn areas on the label from the hammer pivot screws reveal bright blue liner beneath where one would expect to see worn and darkened liner material.

Although I obviously have never held these pistols in my hand "and probably never will", there is enough to see in the pictures which should raise honest questions about what once accompanied the pistols which is not presently there. Why?

How would a cased pair of guns somehow emerge after some 160+/- years in nearly perfect condition yet the interior of the original case display such wear?

No, I am not going to quit my day job.
It affords me the ability to buy my guns from somebody other than you...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com