Rusty
(.333 member)
03/01/05 12:26 AM
Re: Using your double to its fullest

Yep, that us! Fanatics, deep ender!

A double can't drive a bullet as fast or as accurate as a bolt rifle. It isn't designed to be a long range killer, unless NE450#2 is shooting his 9.3X74R.

They require attention, patience, and a lot of research to get them to shoot like they can.

I can't think of any "GOOD" reason to own a double rifle. . .

I guess that's why I have one. I do know that I would not trade the time I have spent learning about double rifles for anything.

The time I spend in the company of and hunting with my fellow DRSS members is the best time any man could hope for.

Priceless!

Last year hunting at Camp Cooley Ranch, NE450#2, 400 Nitro Express and I are following Ryan, guide at Camp Cooley, through chest high youpon thickets hunting Eland cows. We are weaving thru some real thick stuff following a very narrow cow trail. All of us had emerged from a high wall of brush into a chest deep area. From our left came the sound of something big crashing thru the brush. Ryan turns around to see a big eland bull go past us. What was really funny about this was that by the time he turned to look, he said all three of us had our doubles up and on the eland as he emerge from the thicket! We all had a good laugh!

Best reason to buy a double rifle? The great people you meet/hunt with/and become friends with.

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
Henry V

Contact Us NitroExpress.com