buckstix
(.400 member)
25/06/13 08:41 PM
Re: Howdah you like this? Westley Richards 375 2-1/2 w/16" bbls

Hello Mike_Bailey,

Quote:

That would make a superb fast handing "monteria" rifle,

Monteria are pigs, right?

Yes, I believe it would. It is very fast handling and it balances perfectly. The short barrels provide for a center of gravity almost exactly in the middle of the receiver. Carrying the rifle in the hand at this balance point, will make it very maneuverable here in Wisconsin's heavy brush.

And, the hefty weight of 8lbs 9oz, is just right to counteract the quickened swing of the shorter barrels. Its absolutely amazing and hard to put into words. You can handily bring the rifle to shoulder for a fast swinging shot - and yet the recoil is dampened by the weight to neutralize muzzle lift if a fast second shot is needed. Westley Richards must have had "balance" and "swing" in mind when they configured the length and weight of the barrels. I guess this would make sense, because a Customer that gets eaten by a Tiger, is not a repeat customer.

I told a friend at the club yesterday to close his eyes before I handed him the rifle. I told him to shoulder it. When I told him to open his eyes, his face turned from a questioning expression, into a big smile. He couldn't believe the muzzle was less than 8" beyond his left hand. As he re-shouldered it, again and again, and aimed it about, He said the "swing" and "balance" was nearly as nimble as his side-lock 28ga quail double, which only weighed 6 pounds.

I'm sure the deer in Wisconsin will be shaking in their hooves this fall.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com