Birdhunter50
(.375 member)
27/01/13 10:49 AM
Re: Sabatti report

We have all heard that you must support the forend with your hand and never let the forend wood touch the rest. It may be true for some guns but I am starting to believe that that is not true in all cases. Please watch this video and pay attention to where the shooter's left hand is. This guy evidently regulates and/or sights in guns for a living. He has lots of shooting videos on Youtube. Unfortunately they are in French which I do not understand, but they are informative nonetheless. He is the second "factory shooter" that I have seen who uses this method. You will notice that he has the fore rest and the butt cradle of his machine rest padded with what looks to me like moleskin. You can buy this stuff at your local drugstore. I have a rest very similar to the one he is using and intend to pad it up and give it a try with one of my doubles. I do know that you don't want the front end resting on anything hard, that will make it shoot high and erradicly. Also, the more potent the caliber, the more it is apt to twist on you as you shoot it. Please watch the video and I'll be interested to see what the other members think of this. Bob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sic4FHQ3ge4

Contact Us NitroExpress.com