NE450No2
(.375 member)
17/12/04 03:04 PM
Re: Blaser doubles?

Well said Moon and Dugaboy

I have handled but not shot several Blaser Doubles in calibers 9,3, 375H&H, 500/416, 470 and 500 Nitro.
When shouldered the sights line up good. They do have a different feel to them, but all the new made doubles have a little different feel, compared to my British doubles.
The cocking featyre would take a little getting used to, but if you think of it like a hammer gun than cocks both hammers at the same time a little practice would be all that is necessary.
The 375 has BIG barrels and is very heavy for a 375.

As to the ejectors.... My 450/400 and my 9,3x74R has ejectors, my 450 No2 only extractors. After using thesse rifles for a lot of huntin for the past 7 years I find the ejectors some what of a pain as I spend more time trying to catch the brass durring the reload cycle than I do with the 450 No2. When hunting buff and elephant in June I always had time to hand extract the brass and put in in my pocket before I reloaded the rifle, except for my first 2 shots on my bull elephant, as after he was hit twice in the shoulder he turned and came for me. I just broke the rifle open pulled the brass out, letting it fall to the ground and reloaded. I did the same on the 2 finishers I fired just a few feet from the back of his head. I fired the first finisher, broke the rifle open pulled the empty out dopping it to the ground reloaded and fired the second finisher repeating the process.

I guess what I am trying to say is that It really would not matter to me if my double has ejectors or not. I have used both kind with perfect satisfaction.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com