NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
30/12/12 12:21 PM
Re: Checking groups from your double rifle - how long to cool?

eagle22,

"factory ammo" - what is that?

"POI spec" - where do you get these, they would be useful?

Sorry only teasing, never had "specs" or factory ammo for any of my doubles.

Regarding bolt actions, completely different situation for working up loads from a rifle with more than a single barrel.

The testing I am talking about is:
1. First use of a DR, building up loads which are useful for the game being hunted and perform in the rifle accuracy wise and regulation wise.
2. Same as above, except for an adjustable barrel rifle, actually regulating the barrels using the movable wedges, screws.

Shooting from a hot barrel, yes, obviously when the above is done, it is good to know how subsequent bullets land.

For practice I don't shoot at little squares, I shoot at game targets or actual fur or hide on the hoof. Or something else fun.

With my Jeffery, as a couple of posts have mentioned, its bulk, weight, and hefty amount of steel, I think is more forgiving in doing all sorts of things. But want to refine the loads now that the triggers have been improved.

BTW when I ask these questions as the host of NE, the answers and questions are not just for my benefit but also for other members and visitors doing their own thing and perhaps also asking similar questions.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com