DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
13/12/04 03:49 AM
Re: Blaser doubles?

In reply to:

The Whitworth's were Mk 10's and I always pollished the feeding ramp on them as well. I don't know if the difference was just a name or some quality difference, but it was a Mk 10 nonetheless.

The actions were the same Zestava action when they left the factory, but they were not the same after Whitworth finished thiers. The MK X Zestava action (MK X) used in the interarms Alaskans were as they came from the factory, rough! The stocks were not bedded well, and were made form cheap blanks, and finished with polyurathane. The barrel recoil lug was not used, so the 375 H&Hs often split stocks. I've owned five Whitworth 375 H&H rifles over the years, and had zero trouble with any of them. Every Zestava action I've seen where any trouble was encountered were the one put together in the USA, by Interarms.

PeterB , you know as well as anyone there has never been a factory action, or out of the box rifle that couldn't use some polishing, here, and there! The Whitworths are quality for the price paid, and when you consider a $5000 bolt rifle can still need some tuneing, I don't think the need for a little polishing, is a deal breaker, in an $500 rifle! I could be wrong, I have been before, but I've shot a lot of very large mean game with a couple of Whitwroth Express rifles, without a scratch, on my butt, or a falier to feed. To Top this off I have never seen one of the Whitworth Ex 375H&H rifles that wasn't a tack driver.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com