DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
11/12/04 02:21 AM
Re: Blaser doubles?

In reply to:

Mac I was kinda hoping you'd respond to my whitworth express questions on the other thread.
I think you have owned one or more and would like to hear your comments and opinion on them.
You wouldn't believe it but I've gone and bought one, sight unseen, but examined by a friend who says it is as new.
And this after swearing I'd never buy another magazine rifle!
I've never handled one so am trying to get some feed back on them, good or bad.

4seventy , I have two Whitworth African Express rifle in my vault as we speak! One is in origenal wood, with a Luepold Veri-XII 1.5-5X20 scope,in WARNE QD rings & bases, and the express sights. The other is in a synthetic stock, with a BUSHNELL TROPHY 3-9x40 Also in the Warne bases. Both are chambered for 375 H&H, and Both have been to Africa. The synthic stock one is set up for hunting in the coastal areas of Alaska where if you hunt TEN days in Sept,you will hunt TWELVE of them in the rain! The other one, in the wood, I use in Africa exclusively now.

I refitted both with TIMMNEY triggers, and an after market Mod 70 type safety. I have had zero trouble with either of these rifles, but had heard of some folks haveing trouble with the triggers, so changed them. Both rifles are extremely accurate, and 300 yd, boiler room shots, on caribou, or a zebra are easy money.

I have another 375 H&H rifle, in a FN Mauser rifle, and I can't see it is any better than the Whiteworth. I like them, and am sorry they are no longer available NEW in the USA.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com