DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
05/12/04 03:16 AM
Re: Blaser doubles?

In reply to:

New Guy,i don't know about Blaser doubles but their bolt action rifles are supposed to be top of the line.A friend just bought one that has detachable barrels.He got it in 7mm.mag and 375H&H.It has a synthetic stock and is apparently one of their latest models.Cost a parcel too but my friend swears its worth it.

The Blazer bolt rifle is a over engenered PUSH FEED action that is very sensitive to dust intrusion in the camed fingers that are forced over the rim of the cartridge. A little sand or even dust and it will not completely chamber a round. That could be a real draw-back when the second shot is needed with a lion closeing fast on your butt!

The Blazer double has a AUTO SAFETY, that can't be disconected, it has a hood above the chambers which interferes with quick reloading, It has a rib between the barrels made of, of all things RUBBER. To top this off, it is butt UGLY, as is it's PUSH FEED bolt action brother!

It isn't hard to find that I do not consider them to be serious dangerous game rifles, but an accident waiting to happen. As new guy states, these things are about 180 Degrees opposite what I consider a well thought out DGR!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com