DoubleD
(.400 member)
27/11/04 02:17 AM
Re: Poll Question

Biggest shoulder fired weapons. 66mm LAAW and 3.5 Rocket launcher fired at Marine Boot camp...to much testosterone flowing to realy undestand the power I was delivering.

Conventional firearms. Single shot falling block rifle in 50 BMG. Impressive fired standing. Awe inspiring fired from the bench. Boring down range...

50 BMG head shot 240 yds! .22-250 Improved only left parts at the same range. My friend got married and now tucks his shirt in and trims his beard yearly.

Hardest recoil: 7 lb 577/450 Martini Henry sporting rifle firing 500 gr lead bullets with smokeless powder loads that went 2260 fps across the chronograph. I fired the first shot from the bench, the next 4 from the shoulder. The standing shoots made my sinus pop. When I drove home from the range it hurt to make left turns. I also learned that it's true that the little dimpled dent on the back of a Martini action is the place to put your thumb so it doesn't whack you in the nose. Shoots three, four and five were shot with my thumb on the dimple. (slow learner, slow rememberer!)

I use to work for KDF and we would get all the big thumpers in for muzzle brake installation- including some of those A-Sqaure guns. We all had to shoot them before and after. Well maybe we didn't have to shoot them before, but we did. And some of them were stout. The 460 Weather-beater was bad...but this little Martini is the meanest.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com