JPaul
(.224 member)
24/11/04 02:36 PM
Re: Krieghoff express sights

NE450No2

thanks for your input also. I must say that even the case coloring of steel does not realy appeal to me, as over time the colors seem to fade and the reciever turns to that silver color, at least with the blue job, I think that every few years along with a major cleaning and adjustment just re-blue the whole thing over again as condition warrants.

400NE

that is one of the reasons that I am leaning to the krieghoff system is that very versatility that your friend obviously must appreciate with all the options that he has available to him with the multi BBL set. I do not really see the safety as an issue as this will most likely be my only double, I will learn to get used to the system. However, I can see your point that it may not be a totally proven design compared to the tried and trusted British design and manufacturing. I also like the availability of all the smaller calibers not just the large bores. I am not sure about the whole scope issue on the double rifle as both sides, in my opinion make very valid points. The multi BBL set also seems the way to go, with ever shrinking allowances on how many firearms a person may bring or that the cost per firearm will continue to rise in the future, weight allowances or just allowing 2 rifles period( Zambia I think??) ect. ect. Your friends kit sounds perfect, a big bore, a scoped medium and a shotgun( I did not know about the shotgun option) it sounds like a winner.
I agree with you on the style a fit issues. To me the rifles that Norbert @ krieghoff let me try fit very well but for others it could be absolutely atrocious, personal preferences can be very interesting. I guess that is why we do not all chase the same kind of women. I am beginning to believe that double rifles are a lot like women though, in that once you find one you like they will indeed put a spell on you.

best regards

JP

Contact Us NitroExpress.com