BwanaBob
(.300 member)
28/06/12 11:01 AM
Re: Which red dot sight have you mounted on your DR?

John,

One issue with how clear a dot is, is the state of a person's eyes. So many people look at illuminated dots, from a variety of makers, and complain that the dot is not clear or perfectly round.

Quite often this is not a fault of the sight, but a fault of the eyes. The truth is that almost no-one has truly perfect vision and almost everyone has a degree of stigmatism and this precludes seeing the dot as a perfect circle.

I see this all the time, when showing people illuminated dot sights, and you can give one person a sight to look at, and he will complain that it is not clear and round, and his mate standing next to him can't see anything wrong with it.

My advice, always, is that if the dot is not clear or perfectly round, talk to your optomiterist! Whenever my dots start to look odd, then I know that I need a new pair of glasses.

One way around the 'out-of-round dot' issue, is to use an illuminated reticle that is NOT a dot and there is a Trijicon RMR that is an illumiated triange, because even with a stigmatism, you can see a triangle as as triangle.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com