Mauser416
(.300 member)
22/06/12 12:51 AM
Re: J White Gunsmithing - Cigars for all - continued.

Thanks Rule303 (Breaker Morant?) My health is much better and the minor inconveniences that I currently contend with are just that...minor. They are much better than some of the alternative outcomes that were possible.

This episode has made me more cynical as well. When you trust a craftsman and have that trust betrayed it makes one skeptical and unfortunately this carries over to others. If I take this root or something similar then there will be preconditions in place that must be met. I would rather lose a good gun offered through a private transaction than risk enduring this again.

I am still skeptical that my money will be refunded. I asked for the refund to be within 30 days of his receipt of my certified letter. He has responded to my Better Business Bureau complaint and indicated he would pay so it is recorded officially that he has agreed to do so. He also responded to my phone call with an e-mail promising to try pay with 30 days but asking for up to 60 days to provide more time to accumulate the funds. When the cold hard cash is in my grubby little hands then my mind will be at rest.

Caveat emptor,
Eric

Contact Us NitroExpress.com