DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
29/10/04 08:51 AM
Re: Another newbie Question: 450 NE or 470 NE

In reply to:

My budget is $10,000 or less. Thanks for the Thad Scott tip. I like your suggestion on getting a target.

I'm going to have to agree with Ray Atkinson on the choice with a $10K budget! It has always been my belief that a first time owner of a double rifle should buy a NEW rifle! In the $10K budget the Searcy is the best of the lot for a new rifle. Everyone always sites the investment factor for a reason to buy an English double. I disagree! Just like the stock market, if you aren't absolutely up to snuff on a Brit double rifles you can loose your but on the re-sale! The Britt doubles, if good ones, are good investments, but just about anything that has been cared for that is nere 100 yrs old can be a good investment, but can bite you in the butt as well! That 100 yr old double rifle didn't sell for anything but a USED GUN price when it was a 5 yr old usd rifle! What makes anyone think a B. Searcy should sell any better when it is five yrs old, but when it is 50, or 60 yrs old it will be a collector item as well. Besides, I don't know anyone who has a double rifle, made to fit them, that sells it anyway. A double rifle that is made to fit you, and uses top of the line materials, and has the accuracy of a B. Searcy, and priced like the PH model, at $9500 is , IMO, a bargain that can be had no other place!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com