bonanza
(.400 member)
29/10/04 05:23 AM
Re: Another newbie Question: 450 NE or 470 NE

Welcome to NE - the most opinionated gun forum. Yes, a DR is a must IMHO. I'm going to hunt in Africa or Oz in '06 also, got to pay of my DR first. The Australians on this forum almost have me convinced to hunt there instead of Africa. Now, regarding your question. You must get a test target from the owner. It should be a 4-6 shot group at 50y. Let me explain: Any DR worth it's weight in lead should print a 4-6 shot group not larger than 3" near the center of the target. The sights are normally not adjustable, and if it performs as I have stated, the gun is regulated properly. If either gun you have mentioned sprays the bullet holes - stay away. My gun will group 6 shots under 3" and that is the standard of most owners on this forum demand. Next is the condition of the stick. Is the action nice and tight, how are the bores, etc. Lastly, if you buy one, have patience. DRs are not like bolt guns, you must play with them (hand load) to really get them to shine. I have begun to compete with mine against bolt guns and have won. I love mine and really don't mess my other guns any more

Contact Us NitroExpress.com