HuntingSchneider
(.333 member)
26/11/11 01:26 PM
Re: .577 2.75" Express

A little while ago, my friend and I took his Leach (or Leech) .577 2.75" BPE to the range for some load development.

Used the woodleigh 650gr (?) projie and started at 90gr AR 2208 up to about 105 or so. At the neat 100gr it shot best.

Shots were taken kneeling at the bench, so a good rest was had but still allowed the rifle to torque and recoil.

Over the morning a total of 28 shots were taken and I must say it beat the absolute crap out of me. I had to try and catch the fore end on the way down after each shot. I simply could not hang onto it.

Then a couple were fired in the standing offhand. Strange as this sounds, they were almost pleasant. At least in comparison to the kneeling shots.

A friend of ours came up to the range in his lunch hour, and I convinced him to have a shot. Looks quite funny shooting a double in his accounting attire.

And yes, that is a cissy pad on the gun, as the steel buttplate was not that comfortable. Also the bloody rear sight kept on laying down. Need to fix that.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com