DM
(.300 member)
26/11/11 11:35 AM
Re: Tikka 512SD

Quote:

Same action as on my trap gun, a Savage 333T - back in the 1970's- made by Valmet. Valmet's combo guns were out then as well. Always wanted one - seemed a terrific action & excellent top lockup idea.

John - what is the manner of it's regulation of the 2 rifle barrels - do the barrels converge into a single group, or do they remain parallel, or does the bottom barrel rise to meet the top barrel, but not quite until extended range?

I'd think with some forethought, one might develope ammo that would give long range shooting from one barrel, say an automatic 350 yard zero, while normal shootin, as say a 100 to 200 yard zero from the other.

The Valmet 412, 512 is NOT the same action as the old Valmet made Savages! The 412/512 is beefed up quite a bit from the old guns, and the bbls won't even come close to interchangeing with the old Savage/Valmet guns! They are completely different.

All of these models can be easily regulated by the owner, for any decent hunting load you would ever want to use.

I have several of these guns with over 25 different bbls, some in custom chamberings... All of them shoot very well, and i've taken much big game with them.

DM

Contact Us NitroExpress.com