atkinson6
(.375 member)
19/09/04 02:29 AM
Re: Favorite bullets for 470 Nitro

The best bullet I have every used hands down was this year and those were Mike Bradys (Northfork bullets) monolithic cup points..They penitrate like a solid and kill like a soft, they are, in effect, an expanding solid, and I don't know how you can beat that...They kill buffalo like the hammer of Thor..I shot 4 bulls with them and joined in on the shooting of two more, and these puppies flat worked.

Mike graciously furnished me with these experimental bullets this year to test on buffalo in 404 and 470..I was totally impressed and you can shoot them in a double rifle as they have the pressure rings..I had to up my .470 load by two grs. to get them to POI as the pressure was less than my Woodlieghs...Give Mike a call if your interrested in him producing these bullets..

I recovered about 7 of these bullets btw with lenthwise shots taken ohterwise they all made two holes...I can email you photos of the bullets but do not have the expertise to post them on this board..

That said I like Woodleighs for about anything, and have great luck with them over the years on everything, but they do not have the penitration of the new Northforks.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com