93mouse
(.375 member)
05/08/11 03:52 PM
Re: Is 9.3x74R ENOUGH gun for Cape Buff?

I have shot 2 buff with 9,3s. One with 62 and one with 74R. There is only 1 main reason why I used 9,3 - Confidence.

I always use just 1 rifle for all my hunting - I almost literaly (excuse my expression) sleep, eat and [Email]cr@p[/Email] with it - therefore I know the rifle and myself along in and out...truth being told I had a couple surprises on the way but they were all nice ones, according to my expectations that were abviously set too low.

Use the right bullets for the job and shoot straight - if your double is scoped you are making it up, close to (perhaps, sometimes over) scopeless big bore...IMO.

Charge (should one occur) will probably coming from close to very close - been there with 62 - you can't make a hole that big that will change buff's mind or make it run out of gas - only 2 shots count - brain or spine - again shoot straight - double doubles your chances. Charge is fast and brutal, there is no time to think just react - Your Confidence to deliver straight is The key...IMO, one day I might change my mind but untill today this is how I feel...no doubt there are better tools for the job, however I am not up to them since I dont have any - yet.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com