DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
02/08/11 02:28 AM
Re: Ejector (retainer?) screw backing out?

Quote:

I agree about the screw - I'm terrible with screws, myself - but that doesn't allow the maker or distributor that freedom.

About the screw backing out. Since the screw could still be 'out' with the gun assembled, then it could unscrew at any time. I would think when it is together, there would be no pressure on the screw, and that's the time it would back out - from the vibration of firing, not from the vibration of transport(although that could cetainly happen with an improperly tightened screw).

Absolutely! It is evident that the screw and surrounding surface does not contact the opposing surface in the action, so has room to back out from fireing viberation!

There are two fixes for this!

#1 is more involved but is more the profional fix! Installing a very small blocking screw that is in place after the main screw is tight much like the ones in most disk-set stricker bushings. This fix more closely matches the quality of this rifle.

#2 Is a small dab of soft LOCK-TITE on the threads just under the head of the screw in the first couple of threads under the head.

If you have a top notch smith in your area I would go for fix #1

Contact Us NitroExpress.com