GroovyMike
(.300 member)
18/07/11 10:39 PM
Re: No frills double.

Quote:

Quote:

I took a different route, found an old double that needed work and am having it rebuilt. I expect to have a working gun for about $2,000.

I just don't have $5,000 to put into a single rifle, so there really isn't any other option for me.

Buddy, that is the route that I would love to go, but buying a second hand double here in South Africa......... no such thing! I would love to buy one elsewhere, but how do I check to see if it is at least shootable? Tough one, working gun for $2000-00 that is the way to go, well done!

My pricing point is about $4-4500, I would prefer to have a side by side, and I am not familiar with a 450-400, I need to do my homework a bit! Still in the starting phase of this project, but you guys are doing all the work for me, thanks for your straight, honest answers, it really helps.

Regards.

Powdersmoke.

Just an update to let you know that it IS possible - I picked up my repaired double 500 EX from the gunsmith and ran some test loads with cast bullets through her last week just to test functioning. It is nice to have the old girl going bang again A range report will follow as I develop loads

Contact Us NitroExpress.com