Ron_Vella
(.333 member)
16/06/11 11:32 PM
Re: Sabatti Double Rifles, Brickbats & Bouquets

Congratulations to "Doubleriflejack" on a logical, insightful appraisal of these rifles, based on a good knowledge of the subject and on hands-on experience. Since the very first introduction of the Sabatti doubles to North America, there have been several individuals who have bad-mouthed them, without ever having seen, handled, or shot one, based solely on their personal opinions that it is impossible to build a double rifle of acceptable quality at this price point. Of course, since the lamentable "muzzle-grinding" on some Sabattis has come to light, these same individuals have crowed long and loud about how it justifies their original assessments, and how prescient they were.

Frankly, a few individuals have made it virtually impossible to hold a RATIONAL discussion of these guns. YES, there are some serious problems with SOME Sabattis, and I hope that the company will step up to the plate and ensure that they no longer use that method of regulation. Some of you here know me and know that I have a modicum of knowledge of the subject of double rifles. I examined 5 of them in considerable detail in May 2010 in Toronto. My assessment of those 5 exactly corresponds with Jack's. A friend of mine purchased one of the Model 92's in calibre 7x65R, based on my recommendation. It shoots well and he is pleased with it. He also owns, H&H's, Westley's, Chapuis's, etc., so is not easilly impressed.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you buy a Sabatti with both eyes open, you can get yourself a great deal on a well-made double rifle.

Best,
Ron Vella.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com