Alberta
(.275 member)
16/06/11 07:35 AM
Re: Sabatti Double Rifles, Brickbats & Bouquets

I have a 7x65R with about 500 rounds through it.

Action is still tight, opening lever has "worn in" to sitting center and has gone no further.

The only little problem I had was the opening lever would only swing to about center when the bbls were off then stop. This meant that as the gun wore in to center I could not be sure the lugs were being engaged all the way, it felt like there was something holding the lever/lugs from traveling fully forwards. I did not like this so I took the action apart and found that there was a bit of metal on the lever stop I needed to remove to get the lugs to have their full travel. I did this and now the lever will travel to the left when the bbls are removed, meaning I can count on the lugs for full engagement. Sounds bad but really it was just a little fitting that needed to be done with a file. The inside of the action and all the parts were very nicely machined, much much better than I expected.

Mine also has the bbls ground at the muzzle but will still manage a decent group with hand loads. I have never tried the factory regulated ammo in it.

I bought it to be a "user" and it is.
[image][/image]

Results of one Right and one Left.

[image][/image]

Contact Us NitroExpress.com