aromakr
(.375 member)
16/06/11 04:09 AM
Re: Sabatti Double Rifles, Brickbats & Bouquets

As said in a previous thread, I own one. My final tuning target shows one shot 2 1/2" high 1/2" left of center and one shot 1 1/2" high and 2" left of center. No indication of which is the left or right barrel. with factory Hornady ammunition 286 gr bullets. The best I have been able to do at 50 yards with that same ammunition is right barrel 1 1/2" left of center and the left barrel 1" right of center. The left barrel prints 2" higher than the right. That is with 2 rounds from each barrel. Other than that problem, the rifle is well made, the metal fit is good and the wood to metal fit is good.
Its a bit on the light side, so I added about a pound of shot to the through stock bolt hole, which brought it up to 8 1/2#. Like others have said this about the extent of my finances and I would love to handload for it, as factory ammo is $90.00 a box plus shipping. I'm going to try come cast gas check bullets and see what happens. My bore mic's .369 a little oversize. I have had a mould made and just waiting on RCBS to made a oversize lubesizer die. for me.Bob

Contact Us NitroExpress.com