blackbearhunter
(.333 member)
13/08/04 08:54 PM
Doubles & Slugs &Wild Boar Hogs

Can slugs be fired in a double barrel shotgun choked for ic/m?Could boar be taken with shotgun loads other than buckshot?What would be the longest range shot taken,35yards?My state will allow the takeing of boar with small game weapons but no buckshot allowed on mangement areas were a lot of hogs are found.I really prefere to hunt with my double shotgun instead of a 22LR.Any suggestions? Do hunters use the double shotgun with slugs sorta like a poor mans double rifle?werent there a paradox rifle double that was british made? that was advertised as the cats meom for indias tigers?Would a double barrel 20gauge with slugs be sorta like a paradox rifle?I was thinking about doing a little scouting and carrying my double but didnt know if i should worry with carrying some extra ammo incase I walked up on a hog...I would think #4 shot and I would really need to be super close..say 20yards...and aim for the brain/head/ear shot?Anyone tried this before or am i looking for trouble?Would the 22magnum be better in such a tight spot?I might just wait and take my 375H&H Later on when the big game season opens.......... Also How hard would it be to build a 22magnum double rifle and would a 410 double shotgun be the way to do it?Or the savage o/u rifle?Anyone ever hear of a small bore double rifle like that?Could the 410 have insert tubes and how accurate are inserts?How many hunters would buy a double barrel small bore 22 or 22 hornet if price was right?I have heard around the camp fire in deer camp about a chap that had a o/u shotgun custom made into a o/u muzzle loader and he never failed to collect his venison with it every year in the special muzzle loader season,it had detachable scope mounts and all!!!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com