chemarq
(.275 member)
02/04/11 07:40 PM
Re: HOGS WITH DOUBLE GUNS

Quote:

I think there is a big difference between feral hogs and feral/wild boar. I believe the hogs have much higher birth rates because of the commercial genetics somewhere along the line, and so spread much more rapidly. Am I right that alot are wild boar/commercial pig hybrids?
They all do huge damage to pasture, crops and fences, etc. but IMHO if an area is going to get them, you want to hope for pure wild boar.

A regular wildboar female in europe usually give birth 4-5 piglets, from them usually 2-3 survive, and arrive to 3-6 months old (because depredation of foxes, wolves and eagles mainly).

How many piglets is able to grow a female feral pig in the USA ??? They are really more "productive ??' They become a pest ???

A big wilboar male in South Europe can arrive to 100 kg, in central and northern europe they are bigger and arrive to 200 kg. How much weight for a big boar in the feral pigs in USA ???

It is very interesting for us because we have great consideration about hunting wildboars in europe, is a clever animal, and each hunter would love to get a gold medal pair of tusk in their wall... BUT we see that you give no value to your pigs... that sounds unusual to us...

Thank you very much.-... it is a very interesting post for me.
Jose

Contact Us NitroExpress.com