rigbymauser
(.400 member)
25/01/11 07:17 AM
Re: Nice pre-war double in 6.5x57R..

Quote:

Now you have hit the jackpot. It would have been a great little rifle in 6.5x57 but maybe limited a little if it had actually been regulated for the 123gn bullet but to find it is in 7x57R and will shoot the 177gn tug takes it up to being a all round stunner.You would have to be even more pleased with it now.
Are the barrels not marked with the chambering to have had it mistaken for a 6.5x57??

Von Gruff.

Yes the barrels are marked 6,9mm which is a german "7"..I just didn`t care to look in all excitement way before. Actually the gun is much better in 7x57R shooting the heavy 177grainers.

The story about this gun is..I saw it 6-7 years ago at my gunmaker, but it wasn`t for sale. I was told the there was 10 guys before me waiting in line, but I asked politely to become #11 in line. I was tolled back then the gun WAS a 7x57R. My gunmaker called me last year in Feb to hear if there was still "smoke" in the chimney regarding this gun, and at that time I was finacially "unprepared", but if he was willing to wait until summertime I would know for sure. I called the gunmaker in August to verify that I would take it and asked the gunmaker if he could find some 7x57R to me aswell, while we were at it?. The gunmaker then stated it was a 6,5x57R, and hoped it wouldn`t change my mind..which it did not do at all. In the meantime I bought 100 new RWS 6,5x57R keilspitz in 127grain. I went to see the gun in AUGUST, and NEVER paid any attention to the markings on the barrels..not until Jan2011 where I went to pickup the gun and went to go shoot it, at their range...then it actually WAS a 7x57R::LOL. My gunmaker has been so kind to supply me with 100 new RWS 177 grain TUG ammo in exchange for the 100 "faulty" 6,5s. That offer I took .
I bought this gun for approx 4800 USD..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com