new_guy
(Sponsor)
24/11/10 01:43 PM
New "Double Rifle"... of sorts

This project has been a lot of fun, and I have four of these in production now.

This one is 28 x 28 x 22 hornet (I guess that makes it a "double rifle", right?)

I'm not certain of the original German name, but we're calling it a "rib-drilling." And they are being made in Germany with straight grip and splinter forend (Anson release.)

Notice the button on the safety slide. It has 3-positions.

Forward = SxS shotgun (two triggers) with auto ejectors.
Middle = all barrels safe.
Rear = rifle barrel with extractor.

You can move between the forward position (fire shotguns barrels) to the middle position (all safe) without pushing the little button on top, but to engage the rifle barrel, you have to push the little button down and move the safety slide to the rear-most position. Then you cand fire the rifle barrel only.

The pics don't really do the size or scale justice. It is very small. This action is 1.7" at the the widest point. The action is quite round, and it should carry very nicely.

I haven't weighed one first-hand, but the objectives were slim, trim and as light as possible. We obviously wanted it to carry and feel as much like a 28ga shotgun as possible.

We wanted to add an ejector / extractor switch on the shotgun barrels, but there wasn't enough room in the forend.

We also wanted the rear rifle sight to pop-up when the rifle barrel was engaged, but there wasn't enough room in between the barrels, so that will have to be done manually for precise aiming.

This one has 28" barrels and will be engraved by one of the big names in Italy. The engraving should be over the top.

All-in-all, they will be nice little guns. I'll keep you posted as they finish up.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com