CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
27/10/10 07:07 AM
Re: Sabatti 375 H&H mag

We are forgetting the major premise underlying the original post.

Quote:

Gents,
Cabela's will soon be importing the Sabatti double rifle in 375 H&H belted, not flanged. I think this would be a most useful all around caliber for N America as well as Africa, but breaches (pun intended) the long standing rule of only rimmed cartridges in a double rifle. The availability of ammo offsets some of this concern, but how do you feel?
JZ

I happen to know this gent has a taste for some of the finer doubles made. He has displayed some of them here from time to time, and I have had the pleasure to handle a couple of his personally.

A Cabelas Sabatti isn't the product of a major London double maker. Not a London best, nor even a Birmingham second best. Not a best Italian offering. He knows that.

I take the inquiry to be whether there is some utility value in the Cabelas Sabatti offering, notwithstanding the fact it is chambered for the belted rimless round. In other words, can it somehow be worth the tradeoff of getting a really inexpensive double rifle while having to tolerate rimless extraction.

John can correct me if I am wrong on this assumption. It's weighing price vs. features.

I can't speak for the Sabatti, having never seen one. I merely related my favorable experience with several double rifles featuring rimless extraction.

Obviously, if the original poster were considering a London best he would know which chamber to order. He's wanting to know whether the Sabatti would be a total waste of his money.

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com