rigbymauser
(.400 member)
07/10/10 07:21 AM
Re: Nice pre-war double in 6.5x57R..

Quote:

rigbymauser,

What are your hunting plans with your new rifle?

Perhaps roe, fallow and red deer. Even boar. Would you use it on moose?

Well John...!

As far as plans I do not have any, except to get it as soon as possible( straight forward plan). Other plans will arise later, I am sure. This little double is a truly tiny doublerifle, which would be perfect for the forrest.
As stated in upper post, this little double handles like a Win M94 carbine. I absolutly fell in love with it at first glance. A true romance indeed. The funny thing is, my gunmakers who still has the double( for a little time), has also an original Kurz-mauser in 6.5x54mauser, which he didnt wanted to part with under no circumstances .
Roedeer and fallowdeer would be an obvious choice..still depends on what bulletweight this gun shoot well with. I have since my first post, studied the 6.5x57R, which is by early( historical) descriptions also called the 6.5Mauser Rimmed, most often came with a 123grain( or there about)bullet doing some approx 853M/sec. This ballistic would not qualify for moose or a fat bacon-bunny.
A friend of mine is going to the gunmakers place here soon, and I`LL ask to get pictures along with other guns for size-comparison. This double is really small.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com