404bearslayer
(.300 member)
26/05/10 10:37 AM
3-D shooting practice for DG hunts

I just ran across some info on a shooting center around my area, which is by now Europe's biggest, The MSZU Shooting center in Ulm, Bavaria. Apart from some other impressive features (like 300 meter indoor ranges and a 3000 sqm indoor trap shooting complex) they offer 3-D shooting at running game on a movie screen.

For people who are not familiar with it - you shoot at moving game on a large movie screen with real ammo from either 30 or 50 meters, afterwards your hits and misses are shown. Of those shooting galleries there have been some already.

This is a new system,however, where the game animal you shoot at actually drops when hit correctly (or behaves like a wounded animal when gut-shot, for example - stopping, then running away, etc). Most important for DG hunters however, is that you can choose to have the animal that you hit in rotating 3-D mode afterwards, with all his bones and internal organs showing and how your shot went through, giving you a real idea of how effective your hits were. They have African game scenes as well, and I cannot think of a better way to develop a good understanding of where especially Elephant to hit correctly from different angles. It's basically the book 'The perfect shot' in the form of a movie.

Here is the link to the web-site. Just click on the start button in the middle of the screen and you will see a movie about the entire shooting complex. The 3-D shooting is about in the middle of the little movie, but the rest is worth viewing as well.

http://www.mszu.de/

Contact Us NitroExpress.com