DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
04/03/10 04:52 PM
Re: I Read All Of The OSR Thread, Time For The Machine Shop!

You are correct but what seems a contradiction is simply my not making myself clear in my post.

I have not had a GS Custom in my hands That was included in my recommendations simply based on the design being the same as the North Fork. All mention of measurement has to do with the bore, and groove measurement of the barrels on the rifle. The North fork I have on hand, and have used them in my rifles. The GS Custom is exactly the same design where the bearing surface of the bullets is concerned. That is the only important thing to avoid OSR. SO being of the same design, and the same basic material as the North Fork, was the reason for my addition of them. However I have since seen pictures of one GS Customs that showed the rifling had indeed engraved the solid body of the shank,IMO. Gerard doesn't agree that the shank is engraved in those pictures however, and that is his opinion as well! (I was asked to modify this post in regard to the afore mentioned bullets causeing OSR in a Double rifle) The bullets he posted to me were not the one I saw. I do reccomend GS Custom bullets as long as the barrels on a particualr double rifle's barrels are slugged to be proper dimentions. The design is a good one.That doesn't apply to all Mono-metal bullet designs or materials!
What I said about using only bullets that I have had in hand in rifles that I have had in hand wasn't made clear in that post. All mention of measurement is of barrels, because modern bullets are consistent IMO, but double rifle barrels are not. Any design that has wide BANDS and where the rifling engraves the solid shank between the Bands, or pressure rings is a poor design IMO.

Sorry about the mix up but it certainly was simply a poorly structured sentence.

In any event, there will be nothing further on OSR from me here, because it seems people have their minds made up, and repetition will not change that fact!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com