DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
04/06/04 01:11 AM
Re: 12ga Double

MARAKAI, I couldn't make the pictures come up the first time I tried to read the link in your post above. Today, however, it came in like it was in a magazine in front of me. That is not only a beautiful rifle conversion, but a very well written article, as well! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I agree, the choosing of a shotgun action to convert into a rifle, or cape gun is not to be taken lightly. Books like Mr.Brown's will get some folks in trouble, because of their choice of actions. The un-schooled, seem to think any double barrel shotgun can be turned into a double rifle with just about any cartridge they can get a barrel blank for. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Your Greener, seems to be a great choice for the cartridge, and pressures you have put it to. Additionally, it seems to not take a back seat to anything in the Buffalo killing department, as well.

Let me ask you one question about the barrel blanks pictured in your post! I notice what looks like pin spanner holes in the breech (chamber)end of the barrels. Are those barrels threaded in to the breech end of the old barrel butts, from the breach end of the shot barrels, or from the muzzle end? If not what is the purpose for the pin spanner holes?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com