DarylS
(.700 member)
14/02/10 05:15 AM
Re: I Read All Of The OSR Thread, Time For The Machine Shop!

Quote:

by Gerard - We know that rifles used only with lead core bullets have OSR. We know that rifles that have seen used with some conventional monos have it. I know that, since we have seen drive band monos in use in doubles, the combination of drive band bullet and double has not produced a rifle with OSR. That is the last 14 years. The other way of preventing OSR in a rifle that does not have it, is to not shoot the rifle at all.

Based on the history of what we know at this point, there are therefore two ways of being reasonably sure that a double will not develop OSR.

Pretty good summary Gerard.

The propblem with a forum of shooters and gun owners trying to explain what actually occurs and what causes
OSR, is that none of us has the expertise to make any conclusive statement of fact as to what actually happens. That makes all of what is said on here, pure conjecture and opinion. We can ask the right questions, but no one on here ca - based, mind you on experience and observation, but not actual fact. We can ask the right questions but do we get accurate and the correct answers or merely opinion. Opinion, if stated as fact, can lead to civil litigation - another consideration. in my opinion - of course.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com