Gerard
(.224 member)
07/02/10 06:11 PM
Re: I Read All Of The OSR Thread, Time For The Machine Shop!

Mike Bailey,
Quote:

Gerard, Barnes and all others who still think OSR is a myth

To you and all others who fail to read and comprehend: Why do you lump me in with "all others who still think OSR is a myth"? When and where did I say or imply that OSR does not exist? Show me the quote.

This illustrates my problem. You take the attitude that it is you double owners against us, the manufacturers. You assume my only motive is selling more bullets and making more money. You assume that I crave an endorsement from H&H and want to advertise GSC product.

You could not be further from the truth. I am an R&D man and I am on your side, if you will let me be there. My concern is as stated earlier in this thread (#153036 - 06/02/10), did you even read it? I leave the marketing to the bean counters and the admin executives and, you know what? There are none of those in GSC. We are a family business and our entire enterprise consists of 7 people. We could care less about endorsements and adverts. Our first and only concern is product performance - that is why we exist.

As for your suggestion to use a new H&H double for "testing", here is the answer I gave to the same inane thought that was put up on AR.
--------------------
"Been there and done that in 1996. I did not use new doubles though, they were well used but in excellent condition. In the 13 years since then, that we have been supplying drive band bullets to double rifle owners, they have fired many, many times more than 200 shots with them. Old guns, new guns and in calibers ranging from 7mm through to 600NE. Not a single double has been reported to us that has delaminated or suffered OSR. What would 200 rounds through a new double prove? The major concern, as I see it, is damage to old and irreplacable guns and not with new guns.

That is why I take issue with the false statements made by 400 Nitro Express."
--------------------
This also why I said that I fail to see why these demands for testing are made towards mono manufacturers. I am a gunsmith (retired now) and I have seen my share of delaminated doubles. I have read reports of delamination and OSR and guess what? Guns have been delaminating and suffereing OSR long before monos were in general use. Why are there not the same demands that cup and core bullet manufacturers spend a small fortune buying doubles and testing them?

ErikD,
Quote:

May I remind everyone that NE has long been a shooting/hunting forum, perhaps the only one, where people have behaved gentlemanly despite their disagreements.

From where I stand at the moment, that is not so. I have found the same attitudes here as I have found on AR. I have to state the same facts repeatedly, get the same inane suggestions, see the same "you only want to make money" attitude and the same general lack of attention to detail that will go a long way towards solving a problem.

Here is the thread on AR, judge for yourself:
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/9821076521

I am here to pass on what I have learned, listen to problems that may exist (not only with GSC product, how else will I know to avoid pitfalls?) and to be of help.

Pull up all my posts, there are less than 40, read them and then tell me if this is valid criticism:
Quote:

An average of 5 posts a year, all involving promoting your product,

Contact Us NitroExpress.com