CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
07/02/10 04:40 AM
Re: I Read All Of The OSR Thread, Time For The Machine Shop!

Generally I'm not inclined to answer an accusation of this nature, but I'll make an exception.

Quote:

You know better than to slough it off as a good-hearted joke when you can tell that this issue is very serious to the man. It's a joke to you because it is your hobby. It is not a joke to Gerard because it is his business.

I asked you what you meant by the joke because I personally didn't really get it. Your flippant remark above makes it clear now. Your statement and joke for that matter are no big deal but they are below you.

My Joke is not below me. It was an attempt at making humor from some of the more unseemly encounters we have recently experienced here on the forums. In my opinion the members involved in these encounters have lost sight of the fundamental purpose of these forums.

Mintyman has an axe to grind, and it takes a bit of imagination for me to think that NitroExpress.com is the place to grind it. Ok it involves some prominent characters in the gun business. But it certainly doesn't involve collegial discussion of guns or hunting - the core of these forums.

Gerard is here to sell bullets. He thinks his product has been insulted, so like some kind of gunslinger (thus a nexus to guns) he appears here and on AR to call 400NitroExpress into the street for a showdown. He makes it such a matter of honor it's reminiscent of the deep South when such matters were settled with pistols at ten paces. About all he has done is to draw attention to his product, the use of which still remains a question mark.

And besides, 400NitroExpress is an honorable man. He doesn't deserve the abuse. I happen to know he's a certified public accountant. At this time of the year he's so busy I doubt he even keys up NE.com, so he's not hiding like Gerard gleefully claims. Gerard should pack up his grudge and go elsewhere.

The fact of the matter is the only actor who isn't using NE.com for his own selfish purpose is Geoff Miller. To my knowledge he hasn't posted here.

So yeah, I was trying to inject a bit of humor into a couple of ugly discussions. I'll plead guilty. If there are a few stuffed shirts on the forums who can't tolerate my humor, or if there are some who can't understand it, I'm just not overly concerned.

Humor is not beneath me.

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com